Va Tech Wabag Secures Largest Order Under Namami Gange
Va Tech Wabag Limited ('WABAG'), a leading Pure Play Water Technology Indian Multinational Company has secured a INR 11870 million worth order from Bihar Urban Infrastructure Development Corporation ('BUIDCO') under the prestigious National Mission for Clean Ganga ('NMCG') Scheme to develop Sewage Treatment Plants ('STP') of 150 MLD capacity along with sewerage network of over 450 km in the Digha and Kankarbagh zones of Patna, one of the most populous cities on the banks of River Ganga. This project comprises of a Design, Build and Operate ('DBO') scope worth INR 940 Crore and Hybrid Annuity scope worth around INR 2470 million.
In Digha, the scope comprises of designing and building a 100 MLD STP, Interception & Diversion Work, two Sewage Pumping Stations and survey, redesigning & building new sewerage network of about 300 kilometers. In Kankarbagh, the scope comprises of designing and building a 50 MLD STP, Flow Diversion Works & all appurtenant structures and survey, redesigning & building new sewerage network of about 150 kilometers.
The construction of sewerage networks which represents over 80% of the total contract will be executed on a DBO basis and the remaining around 20% towards STPs will be implemented under HAM basis. WABAG will also be responsible for the operations and maintenance of the STPs and the sewerage infrastructure for a period of 15 years. The project will be implemented by BUIDCO with financial assistance from the World Bank under the NMCG.
- Issued By:BIHAR URBAN INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION LIMITED
- Bagged By:
- Region:Eastern India
- Value:INR 11870 Million
- Published On:2019-07-25