Jain Irrigation Bags Order From VJNL Worth INR 2876.6 Million
Jain Irrigation Systems Limited India’s largest micro-irrigation company and agriculture conglomerate have bagged order for Integrated Irrigation Solution Project in Karnataka. Visvesvaraya Jala Nigam Limited (VJNL), a Division of Water Resources Department of Karnataka, has placed this order on the company through National Competitive Bidding.
1. Project Value INR 2876.6 million
2. Unique Project under which water is lifted from Upper Bhadra Canal and provision of irrigation through Drip Irrigation system to 16193 acres along with filling of 59 Nos. of tanks will be undertaken under single work in Tarikere taluk of Chikkamagaluru district in Karnataka.
3. More than 5000 farmers to be benefitted by this transformative project.
This integrated project involves:
1. Detailed engineering topographical Survey, construction of Approach channel, Jack well cum Pump House.
2. Supply and installation of MS Rising Mains and pumping unit at Jack well.
3. Erecting of power transmission line, substation and necessary electrical infrastructure.
4. Supply and installation of pressurized MS/HDPE/PVC pipe distribution network from source to each farmer’s field.
5. Supply and installation of automated control along with primary and secondary automated self-cleaning filters at zonal and sub-zonal level.
6. Supply and installation of Drip Irrigation System.
7. Formation of Water User Association and Training to WUA’s.
8. Operation and Maintenance of the system for 5 years and Handover of the project to VJNL.
This project is based on a unique concept of the integrated Lift cum Drip irrigation project. This project is planned for improving water use efficiency in canal command areas through conduit distribution and use of Drip Irrigation system from main canal onwards. The company expects to complete the project in 24 months.
- Issued By:VISVESVARAYA JALA NIGAM LIMITED
- Bagged By:
- Region:Southern India
- Value:INR 2876.6 Million
- Published On:2018-03-06