Jain Irrigation Bags Micro Irrigation Project In Maharashtra
Jain Irrigation Systems Limited has bagged order for Waghur Asoda branch canal and Asoda Distributary Pressurised Pipe Distribution Future ready Micro Irrigation Project in Maharashtra in addition to previously received Bhadli branch canal and distributary canal pipe distribution project under Tapi Irrigation Development Corporation, Jalgaon under the Water Resources Department Government of Maharashtra.
This integrated project involves
1. Construction of pump houses adjacent to canal.
2. Supply and installation of gravity main of higher diameter Pipes (More than 1000mm) of 7.5Km.
3. Pressurized HDPE/PVC pipe distribution network up to individual farmer level.
4. Supply and erection of electrical power transmission line, substations, transformer centres and necessary electrical infrastructure at pumping locations.
5. Formation of water user association and training to water user associations and departmental officials.
6. Operation and maintenance of the system for 5 years.
Considering the present land acquisition problems and resistance from the farmers for providing land for canals and as per the new Maharashtra Govt. PDN G.R. this Waghur Asoda Distributary and Asoda Branch Canal Pressurized HDPE/PVC Pipe Distribution project will be implemented in the command area of 8086 Acre. This project is basically planned for improving water use efficiency in canal command areas through conduit distribution and use of on-farm micro-irrigation (Drip/Sprinkler) system. Water is proposed to be lifted from existing Asoda Branch Canal and DY Canal to each individual farmer's field by keeping the minimum 20mtr residual head at each farmer's field outlet so that it will be a FUTURE READY System to the farmers for adopting Micro Irrigation system later on after implementation of this project. Likewise, this project fulfils the National Missions under PMKSY i.e. "PER DROP MORE CROP" and ' HAR KHET KO PAM and ensures the water use efficiency and water productivity.
Shri Atul Jain, CFO said after receipt of the order "The innovative design approach is considered in this project while selecting the pipe material for the entire pressurised pipe distribution network from "RESOURCE to ROOT". Entire pressurised pipe distribution network is proposed with HDPE and PVC pipes only. HDPE pipe has life of more than 100 years whereas PVC pipe has life of more than 50 years. This ensures the pipe distribution network's life more than 50 years (at least 50 years) which ensures sustainability of this project."
- Bagged By:
- Region:Western India
- Published On:2018-05-04