Wonderla Brings India's First Space Flying Experience To Hyderabad
Wonderla Holidays Limited, amusement park operator announced the inauguration of its latest attraction 'Mission Interstellar' at Wonderla Hyderabad. The company has invested Rs. 40 Cr to build India's first space flying experience ride.
The ride has been developed in collaboration with leading US and European theme park design companies while installation and integration were managed completely by Wonderla Engineering team. It boasts impressive technical features:·
1. Largest screen in India: 3500 sqft parabolic screen
2. 4K resolution Laser projector Projects HD image using laser; 1st time in India
3. Hydraulic lift seating system for 60 pax from Italy to make the ride real and immersive
4. Housed in an 8-story tall building with a 23-meter dome-shaped roof.
5. 6500 sq ft air conditioned area with preview hall and queue area
Guests board the ride vehicle that lifts them 40 ft up into the dome and the film is projected onto the giant dome screen so that the projected images completely fill the viewer's field of vision. The "floating/flying" movement of the ride vehicle is synchronized with the film, projected using a high tech laser projector, resulting in a fully immersive, breathtaking sensation of soaring through space. In addition to the ride movements, environmental effects like wind etc. are provided to create a realistic flying experience.
Wonderla Hyderabad was inaugurated in April 2016. Spread over 50 acres and boasts 43 rides, the park is located on the Outer Ring Road at Exit No. 13, 15-minute drive from the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Shamshabad.