V-Guard’s Net Revenue For H1 FY 2018-19 Increases By 9%
India’s leading consumer electrical and electronics company, V-Guard Industries Limited, announced its results for the quarter ended September 30, 2018.
1. Net Revenue from operations for the half year ended September 30, 2018, stood at Rs.1,232.47 crores; Growth of 9% as compared to Rs.1,132.96 crores in the same period of previous year.
2. Profit After Tax for the half year ended September 30, 2018, was Rs.72.58 crores; Increase of 4% as compared to Rs.69.75 crores in the same period of previous year.
3. Net Revenue from operations for the quarter ended September 30, 2018, stood at Rs.597.58 crores; Growth of 6% as compared to Rs.563.89 crores in the same period of previous year.
4. Profit After Tax for the quarter ended September 30, 2018, was Rs.38.18 crores; Lower by 18% as compared to Rs.46.50 crores in the same period of previous year.
5. Growth driven by Digital UPS, Switchgear and Kitchen appliances.
6. Launched Gas Stove in the markets of Tamil Nadu
Commenting on the company’s performance, Mr. Mithun. K. Chittilappilly, Managing Director, V-Guard Industries Ltd said “Revenue for the quarter grew by 6% on a high base, as the corresponding quarter of last year had the recovery post GST rollout. Our performance this quarter was impacted by the floods in Kerala and unfavorable weather conditions elsewhere in the country. Yet, on a YTD basis, the like-to-like turnover growth has been at 12%. There is also a transitory impact on margins caused by volatility in commodity prices and the depreciation of the Rupee. We continue to make good progress in the non-South markets, and we plan to extend our new products into further markets in the second half of the year. We are hopeful of recovering a part of the top line growth in the coming months. Some pricing actions are being planned which will help recover the impact of input cost increases”.