Union Minister Inaugurates The Central Warehouse At Bilaspur, Gurugram
Union Minister of State for Chemicals & Fertilizers and Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Shri Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated the hi-tech Central Warehouse, setup by the Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI), in Bilaspur, Gurugram. The hi-tech Central Warehouse would facilitate seamless distribution of Jan Aushadhi generic medicines to all PMBJP Kendra functional across the country.
The Minister had yesterday inaugurated the Digital Cash Management System for Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP), to be implemented as a partnership between BPPI and Bank of Baroda. This System will be implemented at all PMBJP Kendras for purchasing medicines and cashless payment system with BPPI. Bank of Baroda will also provide loan to all PMBJP Kendra for purchasing medicines. The cashless transactions will be done only through unique virtual accounts opened by Bank of Baroda for each and every PMBJP Kendra, across the country.
Shri Mandaviya informed that presently, there are more than 4200 PMBJP Kendra functional in 34 States/UTs, across the country and the following milestones have been achieved:-
1) 700+ medicines and 154 surgical and consumables are available in the basket for sale through PMBJKs. Shortly the basket will be enhanced to 1000 medicines.
2) Central Warehouse is established as per WHO guidelines for ensuring better quality storage and logistics services.
3) A distribution network of One Central Warehouse, four regional warehouse and 53 distributors spread over different states is functional.
4) IT enabled (SAP based) end-to-end Supply Chain Management System has been implemented.
5) ‘Point of Sale’ software application at our all PMBJP kendras has been implemented.
6) 638 districts have been covered, remaining 81 are being covered on priority.
7) All financial transactions are being done in digital mode upholding the concept of “Digital India”.