Trend Of Registration Of New Companies In India
Registered Companies As on 30th November 2018 : Ministry of Corp.Affairs
The total number of companies registered in the country as on 30th November,2018 stood at 1,828,595. Of them 654,646 companies were closed. 1,547 companies were assigned dormant status as per the Companies Act, 2013; 6,301 were under liquidation; 38,522 companies were in the process of being struck-off. After being struck off previously, 101 Companies were in the process of being re-activated. Taking the above into account, there were 1,127,477 active companies as on 30th November, 2018.
1. Out of the 654,646 closed companies, 10,610 companies were liquidated/dissolved; 607,277 companies were declared defunct (and hence struck-off after issuance of notice u/s 248). 22,219 companies were amalgamated/ merged with other companies; 9,746 companies were converted to Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) and 4,794 were converted to LLP and dissolved.
2. Out of the 1,127,477 active companies, 1,120,415 were limited by shares; 6,724 were limited by guarantee and 338 were unlimited companies. Out of the companies limited by shares, 64,442 were public, 1,055,973 were private including 20,431 one person companies. Among the public limited companies, 6,930 were listed.
3. State/UT-wise distribution of registered companies indicates that Maharashtra has the highest number of companies (362,701), followed by Delhi (328,298) and West Bengal (199,705). Amongst ‘Active Companies’, Maharashtra has the maximum number of active companies (228,289), followed by Delhi (199,153) and West Bengal (127,716) as on 30th November, 2018.
4. Economic-activity wise classification of active companies reveals that highest number of companies were in Business Services (362,443) followed by Manufacturing (224,113), Trading (145,499) and Construction (98,657). Business Services comprise of Information Technology, Research & Development and other business activities such as law, audit & accounts and consultancy, etc
ONE PERSON COMPANY
6. Up to 30th November, 2018, a total number of 20,431, One Person Companies (OPCs) were registered with collective authorized capital of Rs. 541.47 crore. Economic activity wise classification of OPCs up to 30th November, 2018 reveals that the highest number of OPCs were in Business Services (12,807) followed by Community, Personal & Social Services (2,269), Manufacturing (1,608) and Trading (1,525). During the month of November, 2018, a total of 485 OPC were registered with authorized capital of Rs. 0.68 crore. Economic activity wise classification of OPC during the month reveals that highest number of 263 OPCs were registered in Business Services, followed by 65 in Community, personal & Social Services, 50 in Trading and 48 in Manufacturing.
TREND OF REGISTRATION OF NEW COMPANIES
7. An analysis of registration of new companies during November 2016 to November 2018 indicates that monthly registration of companies has increased after hitting lowest of 6,301 Companies in November 2016. A total of 8,745 companies were registered in November, 2018 as compared to 7,885 in November 2017. A decrease (25%) in registration of companies has been witnessed in November 2018 over the previous month.
REGISTRATION OF NEW COMPANIES DURING NOVEMBER 2018
8. During the month of November, 2018 a total of 8,745 companies were registered with collective authorized capital of Rs. 0.54 crores. Of them 8,701 companies were registered as Companies Limited by Shares with authorized capital of Rs. 0.54 crores; 44 companies were registered as Limited by Guarantee.
9. Economic-activity wise classification of companies registered during November, 2018 reveals that the predominant share of companies is in Business Services (4,047) followed by Manufacturing (1,060), Community, personal & Social Services (1,037), Trading (861) and Construction (523).