Quick Estimates Of Index Of Industrial Production And Use-Based Index For The Month Of October, 2018 (Base 2011-12=100)
The Quick Estimates of Index of Industrial Production (IIP) with base 2011-12 for the month of October 2018 stands at 132.4, which is 8.1 percent higher as compared to the level in the month of October 2017. The cumulative growth for the period April-October 2018 over the corresponding period of the previous year stands at 5.6 percent.
2. The Indices of Industrial Production for the Mining, Manufacturing and Electricity sectors for the month of October 2018 stand at 107.9, 133.5 and 166.0 respectively, with the corresponding growth rates of 7.0 percent, 7.9 percent and 10.8 percent as compared to October 2017 (Statement I). The cumulative growth in these three sectors during April-October 2018 over the corresponding period of 2017 has been 3.8 percent, 5.6 percent and 6.8 percent respectively.
3. In terms of industries, twenty-one out of the twenty-three industry groups (as per 2-digit NIC-2008) in the manufacturing sector have shown positive growth during the month of October 2018 as compared to the corresponding month of the previous year (Statement II). The industry group ‘Manufacture of furniture’ has shown the highest positive growth of 41.0 percent followed by 39.0 percent in ‘Manufacture of wood and products of wood and cork, except furniture; manufacture of articles of straw and plaiting materials’ and 30.2 percent in ‘Manufacture of computer, electronic and optical products’. On the other hand, the industry group ‘Manufacture of paper and paper products’ have shown the highest negative growth of (-) 1.8 percent followed by (-) 1.7 percent in ‘Manufacture of beverages’.
4. As per Use-based classification, the growth rates in October 2018 over October 2017 are 6.0 percent in Primary goods, 16.8 percent in Capital goods, 1.8 percent in Intermediate goods and 8.7 percent in Infrastructure/ Construction Goods (Statement III). The Consumer durables and Consumer non-durables have recorded growth of 17.6 percent and 7.9 percent respectively.
5. Details of item groups exhibiting larger variations in production in absolute terms and weighted terms in Statement IV.
6. Along with the Quick Estimates of IIP for the month of October 2018, the indices for September 2018 have undergone the first revision and those for July 2018 have undergone the final revision in the light of the updated data received from the source agencies.
7. Statements giving Quick Estimates of the Index of Industrial Production at Sectoral, 2-digit level of National Industrial Classification (NIC-2008) and by Use-based classification for the month of October 2018, along with the growth rates over the corresponding month of the previous year including the cumulative indices are enclosed.
8. The release of the Index for November 2018 will be on Friday, 11 January 2019.
This Press release information is also available at the Website of the Ministry - http://www.mospi.nic.in
Press release in Hindi follows and shall be available at: http://mospi.nic.in/hi