Quick Estimates Of Index Of Industrial Production And Use-Based Index For The Month Of June, 2019 (BASE 2011-12=100)
The Quick Estimates of Index of Industrial Production (IIP) with base 2011-12 for the month of June 2019stands at 130.2, which is 2.0 percent higher as compared to the level in the month of June 2018. The cumulative growth for the period April-June 2019 over the corresponding period of the previous year stands at 3.6 percent.
2. The Indices of Industrial Production for the Mining, Manufacturing and Electricity sectors for the month of June 2019 stand at 106.6, 130.1 and 173.0 respectively, with the corresponding growth rates of 1.6 percent, 1.2 percent and 8.2 percent as compared to June 2018 (Statement I). The cumulative growth in these three sectors during April-June 2019 over the corresponding period of 2018 has been 3.0 percent, 3.1 percent and 7.2 percent respectively.
3. In terms of industries, eight out of the twenty three industry groups (as per 2-digit NIC-2008) in the manufacturing sector have shown positive growth during the month of June 2019 as compared to the corresponding month of the previous year (Statement II). The industry group ‘Manufacture of basic metals’ has shown the highest positive growth of 17.7 percent followed by 16.5 percent in ‘Manufacture of food products’ and 10.3 percent in‘Manufacture of tobacco products’.On the other hand, the industry group ‘Manufacture of paper and paper products’ has shown the highest negative growth of (-) 19.9 percent followed by (-) 14.3 percent in ‘Manufacture of furniture’ and (-) 13.9 percent in ‘Manufacture of motor vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers’.
4. As per Use-based classification, the growth rates in June 2019 over June 2018 are 0.5 percent in Primary goods, (-) 6.5 percent in Capital goods, 12.4 percent in Intermediate goods and (-) 1.8 percent in Infrastructure/ Construction Goods (Statement III). The Consumer durables and Consumer non-durables have recorded growth of (-) 5.5 percent and 7.8 percent respectively.
5. Details of item groups exhibiting larger variations in production in absolute terms and weighted terms in Statement IV.
6. Along with the Quick Estimates of IIP for the month of June 2019, the indices for May 2019 have undergone the first revision and those for March 2019 have undergone the final revision in the light of the updated data received from the source agencies. The increase in first and final revisions is mainly due to increase in production related to steel items reported by concerned source agency.
7. Statements giving Quick Estimates of the Index of Industrial Production at Sectoral, 2-digit level of National Industrial Classification (NIC-2008) and by Use-based classification for the month of June 2019, along with the growth rates over the corresponding month of the previous year including the cumulative indices are enclosed.
8. Release of the Index for July 2019 will be on Thursday, 12 September 2019.