Quick Estimates Of IIP (Base: 2011-12) For The Month Of November, 2018
Quick Estimates Of Index Of Industrial Production And Use-Based Index For The Month Of November 2018 (Base 2011-12=100)
1. The Quick Estimates of Index of Industrial Production (IIP) with base 2011-12 for themonth of November 2018 stands at 126.4, which is 0.5 percent higher as compared to thelevel in the month of November 2017. The cumulative growth for the period April-November 2018 over the corresponding period of the previous year stands at 5.0 percent.
2. The Indices of Industrial Production for the Mining, Manufacturing and Electricitysectors for the month of November 2018 stand at 110.6, 127.2 and 147.2 respectively, withthe corresponding growth rates of 2.7 percent, (-) 0.4 percent and 5.1 percent as comparedto November 2017 (Statement I). The cumulative growth in these three sectors during April-November 2018 over the corresponding period of 2017 has been 3.7 percent, 5.0percent and 6.6 percent respectively.
3. In terms of industries, ten out of the twenty-three industry groups (as per 2-digitNIC-2008) in the manufacturing sector have shown positive growth during the month of November 2018 as compared to the corresponding month of the previous year (Statement II). The industry group ‘Manufacture of wearing apparel’ has shown the highest positivegrowth of 22.1 percent followed by 7.6 percent in ‘Manufacture of wood and products ofwood and cork, except furniture; manufacture of articles of straw and plaiting materials’and 7.4 percent in ‘Manufacture of other transport equipment’. On the other hand, the industry group ‘Manufacture of fabricated metal products, except machinery and equipment’ has shown the highest negative growth of (-) 13.4 percent followed by (-) 9.6percent in ‘Manufacture of electrical equipment’ and (-) 7.3 in ‘Other manufacturing’.
4. As per Use-based classification, the growth rates in November 2018 over November2017 are 3.2 percent in Primary goods, (-) 3.4 percent in Capital goods, (-) 4.5 percent inIntermediate goods and 5.0 percent in Infrastructure/ Construction Goods (Statement III). The Consumer durables and Consumer non-durables have recorded growth of (-) 0.9percent and (-) 0.6 percent respectively.
5. Details of item groups exhibiting larger variations in production in absolute terms and weighted terms in Statement IV.
6. Along with the Quick Estimates of IIP for the month of November 2018, the indices for October 2018 have undergone the first revision and those for August 2018 have undergone the final revision in the light of the updated data received from the source agencies.
7. Statements giving Quick Estimates of the Index of Industrial Production at Sectoral,2-digit level of National Industrial Classification (NIC-2008) and by Use-based classificationfor the month of November 2018, along with the growth rates over the correspondingmonth of the previous year including the cumulative indices are enclosed.