NTPC Acquisition Of NEEPCO, THDC India Gets CCI Nod
Reasonable exchange controller CCI on Monday said it has offered gesture to obtaining of government's whole stake in THDC India and North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Ltd (NEEPCO) by state-possessed NTPC Ltd.
As a major aspect of exchanges, NTPC will get 100 percent of the gave and settled up share capital of the NEEPCO and 74.5 percent stake in THDC India, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) noted in independent discharges.
Aside from the administration's 74.5 percent stake in THDC India, the rest 25.5 percent stake is held by the Uttar Pradesh government, it included.
NTPC is a maharatna organization having nearness in the force age business. Among different exercises, it is occupied with the matter of electric force age through coal based warm force plants, CCI said.
In November 2019, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had said the legislature will sell its stake in THDC India and NEEPCO to NTPC Ltd.