MOU Between DEA And NBCC For Construction Of Housing For IES Officers Signed
Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Shri Arun Jaitley, graced the occasion of the signing of MoU between Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) and National Buildings Construction Corporation (India) Ltd for construction of housing project for Indian Economic Service (IES) Officers.
1. Ministry of Urban Development has allotted 3519 square meters of land on Deen Dayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi, for construction of 90 dwelling units for IES Officers.
2. Driving force behind undertaking the housing project is an acute shortage of houses under Government General Pool Accommodation, particularly for junior-level officers.
3. Project Management Consultancy (PMC) for the project has been awarded to NBCC, for which the MOU has been signed.
The Minister also conferred awards to IES officers, winners under the Research Promotion Scheme.
1. Research Promotion Scheme for IES officers has been instituted, comprising an award of two annual cash prizes for the First and Second best Research Papers by IES officers.
2. Certificates of Appreciation were presented for Papers placed at Third and Fourth positions.
3. An Evaluation Committee headed by the Chief Economic Adviser has selected the four best Research Papers, out of twelve Papers received in the first year after institution of the Scheme.
Other dignitaries present during on the occasion included Shri Subhash Chandra Garg Secretary, DEA, Shri Arvind Subramanian, Chief Economic Adviser and other senior officers of the Ministry.