Foreign Participation In Defence Production Under ‘Make In India’ Programme
2018-03-05 Announcements Engineering National
Since the launch of ‘Make in India’ programme in 25 September 2014, so far, 12 foreign investment proposals have been approved in defence sector under Government route.
- M/s Punj Lloyd Limited.
- M/s Idea Forge Technology Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Sasmos Het Technologies Ltd.
- M/s Dynamatic Technologies Ltd.
- M/s Mahindra Telephonic Integrated Systems Limited.
- M/s Indian Rotorcraft Limited.
- M/s BF Elbit Advanced Systems Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Safran Engineering Services India Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s. Tata Sikorsky Aerospace Limited.
- M/s. Quantum Simulators Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Ideaforge Technology Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Alpha-Elsec Defence and Aerospace Systems Pvt. Ltd.
The position of disinvestment in respect of DPSUs is as follows:-
- In BDL government has proposed to offer 12% shareholding through Initial Public Offering.
- In BEML, government has given in principle approval of strategic disinvestment of 26% shareholding of BEML out of Government of India shareholding of 54.03% with transfer of management.
- In HAL, the process of disinvestment of 10% Government of India shareholding by way of offer of has started.
- In BEL, during 2017-2018, the Government of India has sold 2,98,84,329 equity shares through Exchange Traded Fund(ETF) of market transaction.
- Government of India has decided disinvestment through IPO for 17.5% in GRSE, 10% in MDL, 25% in MIDHANI out of Government of India shareholding of 100% and reservation of upto 5% of post issue shareholding to eligible employees of GRSE, MDL and MIDHANI.