EPC Industries Announces JV With Top Greenhouses
2018-05-15 Alliance and Joint Ventures Agriculture Western India
EPC Industrie Limited has announced a joint venture with an Israeli Greenhouse firm Top Greenhouses Limited. EPC will hold 60% stake in the JV while Top will hold remaining 40%.
India agriculture is currently grappling with multiple challenges - climate change, food security, and water scarcity. Protected Cultivation coupled with the use of micro irrigation is one of the best-suited technology interventions to address these challenges It helps save the crop from the vagaries of nature, reduce water consumption for irrigation and improve yield multiple folds. Protected Cultivation industry in India is growing at steady pace. With more focus on addressing climate change, food security and more corporates entering in agri value chain, there is a huge potential for Protected Cultivation technology.
Mr Ashok Sharma, Managing Director, EPC Industrie Limited said, "I am pleased to announce a joint venture with Top Greenhouses. It is an opportunity for EPC & Tops wherein both the partners can draw on the strengths of each other and grow protected cultivation business by providing access to hi-tech and relevant solutions to the country at large. With the more evident impact of climate change on agriculture, Protected Cultivation is an important method to raise agricultural productivity in the country."
The joint venture will bring out the best by combining the ingenuity of Israel to the big Indian market. In addition, the lineage of EPC and the encompassing presence of Mahindra in the agri value chain through Mahindra Agri Solutions Ltd. should make this a very successful Indo-Israeli joint venture.
"This is a win-win for both EPC and Top. The business will now be able to grow and cater to the needs of millions of farmers, research institutes and corporates in India. EPC's presence will lead to the penetration of the technology in remote corners of rural India and thus help enhance the prosperity of many more farmers," said Mr Ashok Sharma.