Dilshad Garden - New Bus Adda Corridor Ready For Operations
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRCL) had announced that the Dilshad Garden - New Bus Adda Metro corridor is now ready for operations. The 9.63-kilometre long line will connect the satellite city of Ghaziabad with the national capital. The section will be an extension of the Rithala – Dilshad Garden Red Line and will comprise of eight elevated Metro stations.
● Length: 9.63 km
● Gauge: Broad Gauge
● Colour Code: Red
● Stations: 08 (Shaheed Nagar, Raj Bagh, Rajendra Nagar, Shyam Park, Mohan Nagar, Arthala, Hindon River Station and New Bus Adda)
● Currently, the 25.09 km long Red Line operates between Rithala to Dilshad Garden. After the opening of this 9.63 km long section, the entire Red Line will become 34.72 km in length.
● There are 8 stations on this section out of which, 6 stations (Raj Bagh, Rajendra Nagar, Shyam Park, Mohan Nagar, Arthala, and New Bus Adda) have station buildings on both sides interconnecting at the concourse level and with station platforms through Foot Over Bridges (FOB).
● Shaheed Nagar has a building on one side (Ghaziabad to Delhi) and the other side is connected through FOB. The Hindon River station is off road with four floors (Lower Ground level for parking, upper ground level for the main station, entry/exit, concourse level for entering paid area and connection of another entry/exit areas across GT-Road through FOB and platform level)
● This would be the second Metro Line in Ghaziabad after Vaishali and the first Metro link connecting the interiors of Ghaziabad. This corridor will pass through the Sahibabad Industrial Area and will significantly impact the residential areas lying in proximity. The extension of the Metro line will connect residents of Ghaziabad City with various parts of Delhi / NCR. Currently, commuters have to rely on other modes of transport from Dilshad Garden to reach Sahibabad and further Ghaziabad. Now with the extension of Metro, connectivity to Mohan Nagar from Dilshad Garden would also improve considerably.