Cabinet Approves Procurement Quota To ITI In Procurements Made By BSNL, MTNL & BBNL
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved Procurement Quota to M/s ITI Limited in procurements made by BSNL, MTNL and BBNL.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved the following proposal of Department of Telecommunications regarding continuation of Procurement Quota for M/s ITI Limited:
1. To continue the Reservation Quota policy for M/s ITI Limited by reserving i) 30% of the procurement orders placed by BSNL, MTNL and BBNL for M/s ITI Limited for the products manufactured by it and for those outsourced items in which there is a minimum 12% value addition by M/s ITI during 2018-19 and 16% value addition in 2019-20 and 20% value addition in 2020-21 and
2. ii) 20% of the orders for the turnkey projects (like GSM network roll-out, Wi-Fi etc. of BSNL & MTNL and BharatNet project network roll-out, etc. of BBNL).
3. ITI would accept orders under reservation quota only after the price is known and if the same is commercially viable.
4. ITI shall exercise its option under Reservation Quota within 15 days of bid opening.
5. The aforesaid policy measures shall remain in force for a period of three years with effect from the date of approval of CCEA. The policy shall again be reviewed considering the financial health of ITI after the expiry of this period.